This application is a date calculator aimed primarily for use by lawyers and other professionals that require quick calculation of deadlines. Its purpose is to make it easy to calculate how many days there are between two given dates, or to add or subtract a certain number of days from a given date. For example, working out the number of days between two dates to calculate an interest charge, or when a court filing date is due. It has a number of unique features that are essential for lawyers and other professionals.
- Determine the number of days between two dates
- Add or subtract a number of days to or from a date
- Perform calculations based on working days only
- Perform calculations inclusive of start/end dates
- Specify holidays based on a fixed date, relative dates, or lunar dependent dates
- Save different sets of holidays as templates, useful for easily calculating dates based on different criteria
- View the holidays for the current holiday set for different years
- View the analysis of working days for each calculation
- Create a PDF report for a calculation for filing purposes
Date Calculator is licensed under the GPLv2 license.
There are no dependencies for the Windows version.
The Linux version requires pyqt4. This should be available in your distribution’s repositories.
Download the tar.bz2 file below. Extract the file and change to the directory created with the following commands:
tar -jxpf date_calc_<version>.tar.bz2 cd date_calculator
To run the application, type ./date_calc_4.py. Alternatively, you could put a symlink to date_calc_4.py in a directory in your path:
ln -s /path/to/date_calculator/date_calc_4.py /usr/local/bin/date_calc
You should then be able to run Date Calculator by typing date_calc.
Download the setup.exe file below. Double click, click “Next, Next, Next etc”; done
If you come across this error when running it:
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.
You will need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime (not sure why, but there it is). You can get it here.
- Set a range of dates as holidays
- Load templates for holidays for particular purposes
- Improve GUI
If you use this application in your business, or simply find it useful, please make a donation to help with the ongoing maintenance and development of this application.